About the Honeywell Center
Welcome to the home of Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker in Wabash! The Honeywell Center in downtown Wabash, Indiana, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Center is operated by The Honeywell Foundation, Inc, which was established in 1941 by Wabash native, Mark C. Honeywell. Building of the 45,000-square-foot (4,200 m2) Center began in 1940 but was delayed until 1952 due to the shortage of labor and materials needed for World War II. The Center’s gymnasium was informally opened November 19, 1947; however, the entire facility was completed in 1952 and included a roller rink and several meeting spaces. In 1994, a 75,000-square-foot addition expanded the Honeywell Center to include the 1,500-seat Ford Theater, Eugenia's Restaurant and an art gallery.