Moscow Ballet presents all new Top 10 Holiday Gifts – distinctive, traditional and appealing to all ages
Get VIP Tickets to see Great Russian Nutcracker from the best seats, also take home 2014 MB Souvenir Program Book and one-of-a-kind MB Nutcracker Doll
Contact: Sally Michael Keyes 413-499-1733 x21 JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING
High resolution images: http://www.nutcracker.com/promo.php
(BERKSHIRES, MA) July 15, 2014 – Not only does Moscow Ballet feature award-winning and acclaimed dancers in over 75 North American cities each November and December, but there are also many gift items that are created exclusively for Moscow Ballet; distinctive, traditional and MB-branded. The “Top 10” ALL NEW items will make great gifts for young children to grandparents. 1. MB-branded Nutcracker Dolls are wooden and hand-painted with detailed ornamentation 2. MB mascot, and very huggable, Valentin Bear now in uniform with red hat and plume, 3. Ornate Russian Kokoshnik Headdress with intricate pearl beading, 4. Glass Globe Ornaments 4” in diameter, depicting a scene from Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker, 5. 2014 Limited-edition Souvenir Program Book with 30 pages of all new photographs including behind-the-scene images, 6. Matrushka (Nesting) Dolls set of 5 hand-painted with scenes from the Great Russian Nutcracker, 7. Great Russian Nutcracker DVD with 30 minutes of new behind the scenes clips and out-takes, 8. MB branded T-shirt in pink and purple and emblazoned with MB logo, 9.Paint –Your–Matrushka Dolls set of 5 wooden dolls with pre-drawn outline for painting (brush and paints included) and last, but certainly not least, 10. Snegurochka (Snow Maiden) Doll is porcelain, made exclusively for Moscow Ballet, and is the Russian folk character who accompanies Ded Moroz (Father Christmas) in handing out gifts for children on New Year’s Eve. These items and more are available through the Moscow Ballet Gift Store as of October 30 and at Great Russian Nutcracker performances from Nov 5 to Dec 31(see cities and dates below). Go to www.nutcracker.com/gift-store or call 800-320-1733 x13.
The ultimate holiday gift is the live experience! VIP Ticket holders enjoy the best seats and sightlines for the spectacular Great Russian Nutcracker. In addition, each VIP ticket holder takes home deluxe souvenirs including a limited-edition VIP Nutcracker Doll emblazoned with the Moscow Ballet logo and Moscow Ballet’s Limited Edition Souvenir Program Book 2014 filled with 30 pages of all new color photos. Make your holidays special and create memories to cherish for a lifetime with VIP Seats. Approx. $140/ticket, price varies by city.
1. NEW Nutcrackers – of course for all ages! The 2014 Moscow Ballet Nutcrackers are wooden, hand-painted, 15” tall and emblazoned with the Moscow Ballet name and logo. One sports a flowing red cape with “fur” trim and plays the drum; the second wears a royal blue uniform adorned with gold detailing and also plays a drum; the third Nutcracker watches guard in his emerald green uniform with golden scepter. $40
2. NEW Valentin Bear in jacket and hat for children– Moscow Ballet’s beloved mascot, Valentin Bear, sits 12” tall, irresistibly huggable and a great gift for loved ones of all ages! In the 2014 version he wears a tall, cylindrical red hat adorned with plume and a gold-braided red jacket. $25
3. NEW Kokoshnik Headdress for youth- this traditional head-dress, worn by women and girls in Russia since the 1600’s, features a high arch that is embellished with varying degrees of ornamentation including pearls made as a veil. This Kokoshnik is created exclusively for Moscow Ballet. $30
4. NEW Moscow Ballet Ornaments for all ages – are glass and hand-painted depicting scenes exclusive to Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker. New subjects include Uncle Drosselmeyer and Kissy Doll and more. Globes have a 4" diameter, gold string and are shipped in a decorative padded gift box. $20
5. NEW 2014 Souvenir Program Book for all ages- features 30 pages of all new, full color images of the acclaimed company in action! See the Great Russian Nutcracker in stunning images of favorite moments of the acclaimed Christmas ballet; other repertory and more. The perfect gift for balletomanes! $25
6. NEW Matrushka Dolls for all ages - Moscow Ballet’s exclusive one-of-a-kind Matrushka, or Nesting Doll, set features iconic scenes from the Great Russian Nutcracker (seen here). Five nesting dolls are made of wood and hand-painted in non toxic enamel in the traditional Russian style. $35
7. NEW Great Russian Nutcracker DVD for all ages - with 30 min of added behind the scene footage. Is the Moscow Ballet annual Great Russian Nutcracker tour not stopping in a city near you? See the almost 2 hour performance and more in high resolution on DVD. $40
8. NEW MB T-shirt for youthand more MB casual wear are great gear for dancers and those who want to look like a dance pro! The 2014 Moscow Ballet branded T-shirt is cap sleeved, purple with pink heart in a sparkle effect and made with 100% cotton. Other MB logoed dance wear is also available. $25.
9. NEW Paint-Your-Matrushkas Set for children– contains 5 nesting dolls which have been pre-drawn and are ready for painting. They are constructed from one block of wood creating a proper fit. The smallest doll is typically a “baby” turned from a single piece of wood. Kit includes paint and brush. $15
10. NEW Snegurochka (Snow Maiden) Doll for youth and adults – Made exclusively for Moscow Ballet, the porcelain Snegurochka is 10” tall and adorned with a lavish, traditional blue and white satin gown, and beaded Kokoshnik headdress. This Russian folk character symbolizes spring, beauty and love. $40